To apply for a Dubai work permit on the foreign national’s behalf, the MoHRE registered company must meet the following criteria:
- The MoHRE registered company must hold a valid trade license
- The MoHRE registered company’s authorized party must file the Dubai work permit application on behalf of the foreign national employee
Once a Dubai work permit has been issued, the foreign national can then convert their Dubai visa entry permit into a Dubai residence visa. A Dubai residence visa requires the foreign national to undergo a medical evaluation and background check required by the Federal Authority for Identity, Citizenship, Customs & Ports Security.
The types of Dubai work permits are:
- A work permit to recruit a foreign worker from outside the UAE
- A work permit to transfer a foreign worker from one company to another
- A work permit for a family sponsored resident
- A temporary work permit for a foreign worker to fulfill a job in a specified period of time
- A one-mission work permit for a foreign worker to fulfill a temporary job
- A part-time work permit to recruit a foreign worker for a part-time contract
- A work permit to recruit a 15 to 18-year-old juvenile
- A student training and employment permit to employ a student already in Dubai
- A UAE/GCC permit to employ a UAE or GCC national
- A Dubai golden visa holder permit to employ a foreign worker who hold a Dubai golden residence visa
- A national trainee permit to train a UAE national
- A freelance permit to a foreign worker to work remotely from Dubai
Depending on the type of work involved, an MoHRE registered company will apply for one of the types of sponsored Dubai work permits on your behalf (#1-11), while the Dubai freelance permit (#12) is a self-sponsored work permit that foreign nationals can apply for on their own.
Dubai Work visa requirements
Depending on the type of employment involved, additional tests, screening, or documents may be required, such as professional certifications or exams. Please note that foreign workers, who hold a degree from outside the UAE, must get their degree certified at a UAE embassy or representation office abroad, as well as from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in your home country.
Dubai Work visa application
All Dubai e-visas take between 4 to 5 business days to be fully processed and issued. It is always recommended that you apply for your Dubai working visa as early as possible, in case of delays or unforeseen circumstances.
Companies can renew the Dubai work permits of their foreign workers through the online platform of MoHRE.
Once the Dubai visa entry permit has been issued, it will be valid for 60 days, during which the foreign worker can enter Dubai. The length of stay permitted depends on the type of Dubai work permit being applied for and on the sponsor applying on the foreign employee’s behalf. The Dubai golden visa program offers long-term stays in Dubai, in order to afford exceptional foreign nationals with the time and resources necessary to fulfill their business needs in Dubai and obtain Dubai residency.
Dubai visa FAQ
Yes, Dubai is currently issuing work visas and Dubai business visas to any foreign national who meets the requirements for the particular Dubai visa type.